Application Deadline: Friday, April 21
Notification of Award Winners: Wednesday, May 3
About the Awards: Professional/Practitioner and Student
The Association for Information Science & Technology, New England Chapter (NE–ASIS&T) is pleased to announce two awards to support participation in the ASIS&T Annual Meeting. Our goals are to support scholarship and connect research and practice, bringing new voices to the chapter. There is a student award and a practitioner award. Each award will support your year-long membership in ASIS&T as well as your conference registration and part of your travel costs up to $750.
The ASIS&T Annual Meeting will take place in Washington D.C. from October 27 – November 1, 2017 and will be focused “on the diverse ways in which people from different backgrounds, cultures, and disciplines forge connections with each other, discover and use information, and engage with technology”. For more information, you can visit the annual meeting webpage. It is still 7 months out from the annual meeting, so the schedule has not been fixed yet.
In addition to the conference support, the award provides ASIS&T membership, offering significant benefits:
- Membership in our New England regional chapter
o Mentorship and networking with experienced NE–ASIS&T members
o Opportunities to build professional skills (including project management, budgeting, marketing, etc.)
- Discounted conference registration for ASIS&T and NE–ASIS&T events
- Webinars and discounts on other publications
- A year’s subscription to the Journal of ASIS&T and the Bulletin
Eligibility & Applications
Applicants must be either current graduate students or practitioners in the field of information science at the time of their application. We define information science broadly: librarians, archivists, data/knowledge managers, information architects, web developers, etc., are all encouraged to apply. Applicants do not need to be current NE–ASIS&T members, nor do they need to live or work in Boston. However, award winners are expected to participate (in person or remotely) in NE–ASIS&T programming in 2017-18.
Here is the application link: https://goo.gl/forms/mztQHFQBwgWqimmj2
Terms of Awards
Each award winner will be welcomed into our New England regional chapter by participating in events in person (at least once) and remotely. As a travel award winner, you will:
- Meet with a NE–ASIS&T representative at the conference
- Share your conference experience with the NE-ASIS&T chapter
- Participate in a NE–ASIS&T meet-up based on the winners’ professional interests
- Review award applications for the 2017 Travel Awards
- Submit receipts documenting travel- and conference-related expenses, such as registration, airfare, food, and lodging, up to the value of the award
*If a winner is unable to meet all of the terms due to a relocation, NE–ASIS&T should be notified immediately.
Questions? Contact Kate Nyhan at email@example.com