About the Stipends:
The Association for Information Science & Technology, New England Chapter (NEASIS&T) is pleased to announce three stipends to offset some costs of participation in the Research Data Access & Preservation (RDAP) Summit. Our goals are to support scholarship and connect research and practice, bringing new voices to RDAP and to our chapter.
NEASIS&T is offering three stipends of $300 each. What does that mean for you?
- As an ASIS&T member, you’ll receive $300 for RDAP.
- As a student, you’ll receive $260 for RDAP; NEASIS&T will pay the $40 dues for your student ASIS&T membership.
- As a new information professional, you’ll receive $235 for RDAP; NEASIS&T will pay the $65 dues for your transitional professional ASIS&T membership.
- As a professional, you’ll receive $160 for RDAP; NEASIS&T will pay the $140 dues for your professional ASIS&T membership.
ASIS&T supports many diverse communities, hosting events such as the Research Data Access & Preservation (RDAP) Summit. Held in conjunction with the Information Architecture (IA) Summit, RDAP explores themes such as open data, data infrastructure, metadata, and data preservation. The RDAP community brings together a variety of individuals, including data managers and curators, librarians, archivists, researchers, educators, students, technologists, and data scientists from academic institutions, data centers, funding agencies, and industry who represent a wide range of STEM disciplines, social sciences, and humanities. The RDAP Summit will take place in Chicago, IL from March 21 – 23, 2018. For more information, you can visit the RDAP meeting webpage.
The benefits of the ASIS&T membership include:
- Membership in our New England regional chapter
- Mentorship and networking with experienced NEASIS&T members
- Opportunities to build professional skills (including project management, budgeting, marketing, etc.)
- Discounted conference registration for ASIS&T and NEASIS&T events
- Free webinars and discounts on other publications
- A year’s subscription to the Journal of ASIS&T and the Bulletin
Eligibility & Applications
Applicants must be graduate students, researchers, or practitioners in the field of information science and living and working in New England at the time of their application. We define information science broadly: librarians, archivists, data/knowledge managers, information architects, web developers, etc., are all encouraged to apply. Applicants do not need to be current NEASIS&T members.
To apply, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and include your name, employer, city, and state.
Terms of Stipends
Each stipend winner will be welcomed into our New England regional chapter. As a travel stipend winner, you must:
- Live and work in New England
- Meet with a NEASIS&T leader at RDAP
- Share your conference experience with the NEASIS&T chapter through a blog post due by April 15th, 2018
- Participate in a NEASIS&T meet-up based on the winners’ professional interests
- Submit receipts documenting travel- and conference-related expenses, such as registration, airfare, food, and lodging, up to the value of the award
NEASIS&T will send stipends to the recipients after receiving the blog post and receipts.
*If a winner is unable to meet all of the terms due to a relocation, NEASIS&T should be notified immediately.
Questions? Contact Catherine Dixon at firstname.lastname@example.org