Application Deadline: Tuesday, April 16
Notification of Award Winner: Friday, April 26
The Association for Information Science & Technology, New England Chapter (NEASIS&T) is pleased to announce a travel award to support participation in the ASIS&T Annual Meeting. Our goals are to support scholarship and connect research and practice, bringing new voices to the chapter. There is one award of $1250. Both practitioners and graduate students are eligible for this award.
The award will support your year-long membership in ASIS&T as well as your conference registration and part of your travel costs for the 2019 ASIS&T Annual Meeting. The award will come in the form of a reimbursement after your return from the ASIS&T Annual Meeting. What does that mean for you?
- As an ASIS&T member, you’ll receive up to $1250 for ASIS&T Annual.
- As a student non-member, you’ll receive up to $1210 for ASIS&T Annual; NEASIS&T will pay the $40 dues for your student ASIS&T membership.
- As a non-member new information professional, you’ll receive up to $1180 for ASIS&T Annual; NEASIS&T will pay the $70 dues for your transitional professional ASIS&T membership.
- As a non-member professional, you’ll receive up to $1110 for ASIS&T Annual; NEASIS&T will pay the $140 dues for your professional ASIST membership.
The ASIS&T Annual Meeting will take place in Melbourne, Australia from Saturday, October 19 – Wednesday, October 23 and will be focused on “information…anyone, anywhere, any time, any way.” For more information, you can visit the annual meeting webpage. It is still 7 months out from the annual meeting, so the programming schedule has not been fixed yet.
Benefits of ASIS&T membership include:
- Membership in our New England regional chapter
- Mentorship and networking with experienced NEASIS&T members
- Opportunities to build professional skills (including project management, budgeting, marketing, etc.)
- Discounted conference registration for ASIS&T and NEASIS&T events
- Webinars and discounts on other publications
- A year’s subscription to the Journal of ASIS&T and the Bulletin
Eligibility & Applications
Applicants must be either current graduate students (current students in their last semester of their program are still eligible) or practitioners in the field of information science at the time of their application and living and working in New England (ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, or CT).
We define information science broadly: librarians, archivists, data/knowledge managers, information architects, web developers, faculty, etc., are all encouraged to apply.
Previous NEASIS&T travel award recipients are not eligible.
Applicants do not need to be current NEASIS&T members. However, the award winner is expected to participate (in person or remotely) in some NEASIS&T programming activities in 2019-20 (see Terms of Awards below).
Here is the application link: https://goo.gl/forms/z1VLFWLUrub5JTsj2
Terms of Awards
Each award winner will be welcomed into our New England regional chapter by participating in events in person or remotely. As a travel award winner, you will:
- Participate in one other NEASIS&T meeting or event between May 1, 2019 and October 18, 2019.
- Share your conference experience with the NEASIS&T chapter via a blog post due December 1, 2019.
- Share your conference experience at a NEASIS&T meeting (either in person or remotely) between November 1, 2019 and December 15, 2019
- Review award applications for the 2020 Travel Awards. This is typically done online in a short meeting in April of the travel year.
- Submit receipts documenting travel- and conference-related expenses, such as registration, airfare, food, and lodging, up to the value of the award.
*If the winner is unable to meet all of the terms due to a relocation, NEASIS&T should be notified immediately.
**If the winner cannot attend the 2019 ASIS&T Annual Meeting, they will forfeit the entirety of the award.
Questions? Contact Louisa Choy at firstname.lastname@example.org