Deadline: Friday, April 30th
The American Society for Information Science & Technology, New England Chapter (NEASIST) is pleased to announce the availability of two awards of up to $750 each to reimburse expenses for attendance at the ASIS&T Annual Meeting (October 22-27, 2010, Pittsburgh, PA). Applications must be received by Friday, April 30. The winner(s) will be notified by Monday, May 24.
Up to two awards for the best paper(s) in information science will be offered to student members of ASIS&T* in the New England, Upstate New York or Eastern Canada regions. Students must be enrolled in an information science** master’s or doctoral program. The award(s) are made based upon submission of a paper written during the 2009/2010 academic year on any topic in the field of information science. The paper may be one already submitted or one that will be submitted for course credit during this academic year. In order to be reimbursed, the award winner will submit receipts substantiating travel and conference related expenses, such as costs for registration, airfare, food, and lodging. The award winner will also be expected to meet with a NEASIST representative at the conference.
- Papers must be written in English.
- Papers should be 10-15 pages long (250-300 words per page).
- Student must be sole author.
- More than one paper submission is allowed.
- Paper may also have been submitted to a conference, award competition, or to a journal for publication, as long as it was written during the 2009/10 academic year.
The coversheet should include the following information:
- Applicant’s name
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- School affiliation / information science program
- Student ID number
- Proof of ASIS&T membership (e.g. ASIS&T member number, copy of email receipt of payment, or photocopy of check canceled by ASIS&T Headquarters)
The ASIS&T Annual meeting is one of the most highly regarded meetings in the information science field. It covers the breadth of activities and endeavors of the information community with technical sessions addressing specialties of the information professional. The 2010 Annual Meeting, “Navigating Streams in an Information Ecosystem” takes place October 22-27, 2010 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Papers should be submitted as attachments and sent by email to: email@example.com
* You may join ASIS&T via the web at http://www.asist.org/membership.html
**Terms describing information science programs are varied: they may be called: Library and Information Studies, Information Science and Policy, Information and Library Science, Information Studies, etc.
Questions? Contact Beata at (617) 491-3871, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Image used under Creative Commons Licence http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ronald_graham_writing.jpg